Saturday 13 February 2010

Week 5 (8-14 February): Project-based Learning and WebQuests

Dear Failitator and Participants,
This was yet another excellent week. The things I have learnt in this last week had opened my horizons to the use of technology in Project Based Learning. Frankly speaking, I did know about WebQUest and PBL. But my knowledge was very limited. By WebQuest I meant Web Search. I did not know the differene between the two. I did not know how WQ can be used for PBL and organised learning. I always overlooked WQ, thinking it is all simple and stupid things. But the links that were shared had wonderfully explained innovative use of WQ.
PBL had also been of similar thing to me. I never used Project is such useful manner in my class. I did use it but it was all haphazard. Now, I learnt the lesson to organised PBL and WQ to make optimum use of both in lesson plan.
Thanks to facilitator for giving mid-term extra point task to create web quest. This was essentially necessary. It is wonderful experience to create our own WQ on questgarden.com.
One very important observation. Many of us shared our issues and problems. The major problem was inavailability of computers and internet in the classroom. Now with this WQ and PBL, we can have a lesson without without technology or with minimal technolog or no technology.
Regards to all.

Dilip (India)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Dillip,
    I agree with you that we need to make the best use of the tools.
    While mulling over the task and process of my webquest, I realized that I need to know my students well. If I don't know them well and can't identify the issues that I face, how can I help them? So, knowing what kind of issues a teacher faces is one of the important elements to decide which tool to use in class.
    Sincerely,
    Kazumi

    ReplyDelete