Saturday 6 February 2010

Week 4 (1-7 February): Skill-building Websites for Reading/Writing Skills and Technology-enhanced Lesson Plans

Dear Sandra, Leslie and all participants,
Yet another equally interesting week ends today. This time I was expremely busy with Faculty Development Programme at our University. It was very diffiult to spare time and hence I was able to complete my tasks today only.
It was great learning to read other participants postings. It helped me a lot in understanding task in better light.
This week we had new failititator, Ms. Leslie. The tasks she gave were very interesting. I like her way of giving sample postings. Her rubrics are also very clear and specific.
Optional discussion given by Sandra helped in looking back to out edu-system. In this discussion I came to know how things are with other universities when it comes to technology. This gave me realization that we are still far away from incorporating technology in our syllabus. And unless we do that, there is no way teaching through technology.
Leslie's task on multiskill websites gave me some useful web-resoures and the task helped me to understand how I can integrate these web-resouces with my lesson plan.
The project task 1 and 2 gave simulating ideas. It was while working on these tasks that I realised poor infrastruture for internalization of technology in regular teaching. It is very important to think before we act. Both these tasks were thought provoking. It gave me understanding regarding what sort facilities I need to augment before preparing tech - enhanced lesson plans. It was an eye-opener to think on the issues. Had there been no such task, I would have never thought on what I have written in my posting.

At the end I would say that it was incredible learnign experience in the week (1-8 Feb).

Regards to all

Dilip (India)

3 comments:

  1. Dear Dilip,

    The given assignments and the course work help me in the same way as you to realise how far behind we are in achieving a real technology enhanced educational process. When eyes are wide open a way of solving the problems must be found.

    My regards,
    Zlatka

    ReplyDelete
  2. And ways of solving problems can be found when collaborating !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Dilip
    I very much appreciate your participation in our course. Your posts leave me information and knowledge that I fondly keep in my PC and my mind.
    The 4th week has left a very rich data base of multi-skills web sites in which we find solutions and answers to our inquiires as ESL teachers.
    Have a good and rich 5th week.
    Best regards, from Colombia
    Nora

    ReplyDelete