Wednesday 17 March 2010

Week 10 (15-19 March): Wrap-up

Dear All,
With a very good reading on 7 Principles and a site worthy of delicious: Larry Ferlazzo's blog - I am positng my last blog for this e-Course.
I have posted my views on 'What topics were most successful? Most useful for you? Which, if any, do you think were not relevant to what you do or will do?' on nicenet so I am not repeating it here.
We had very good evaluation of our projects under 'level of technology integration'. LoIT scaffold is one of the best ways of evaluating our courses which are framed on technological basis. It was great to see where we stand and what should be our ultimate goal in technology integration. Nice reading and task, indeed!

Well, at the end of tenth week, when I look back, I feel that I got some firm ground to stand on. I was using technology for last 5 years. But it was like flying in the air - directionless - kite orbiting, drifting and shilly-shallying - not getting into air to fly confidently. In matter-of-fact style I would say the use of technology was pointless, meaningless, useless, worthless and purposeless. I found problems with students that they are not learning new things in new way... I found problem with lack of technological infrastructure in the college... I found problems with colleagues... in short, I found problems with all that was out of me... never sought to peep within me.
This course gave me space and opportunity to peep into my self. From ABCD to LoIT and then 7 Principles - these all redeading resources helped me understand my role as teacher and a teacher who uses technology. I would frankly admit that the tool was not appropriately used. Now, I got direction, I found meaning in usign it and I also realised its worthyness and purpose of using it.
The change that this e-Course has brought ( I would rather say 'initiated' than 'brought' as it is going to continue for long time) in me cannot be expressed in words.
I remember, I read somewhere about the experience with God. One saint who had an experience with God was trying to convince an atheist that God do exist and he has seen it with his naked eyes. But the language failed to express his experience in words. The atheist laughed and the saint was termed as fool.
I feel similaryly. The language does not have power to express my experience of this e-Course and if I go on attempting it writing here, you will label me as fool.

Wish you all the best in putting this learning into practice. I hope if we an collaborate with each other on some research projects it will be very good to carry out these pratices. I am Indian and work with Bhavnagar University in Gujarat state of India. If any of you happen to visit India or is planning to have any research project, I would be glad to offer my services.
I can be approached through this blog, my website (www.dilipbarad.com), email (dilipbarad@gmail.com), Google Talk (dilipbarad), Orkut (Dilip Barad), Face Book (Dilip Barad), Second Life (Bardil Joyce), Skype (dilip.barad) and Yahoo msnger (d_barad).
Hope you have collaborative research with someone!

Dilip (India)

5 comments:

  1. Dear Dilip,
    A good wrap-up. Reading your post, I feel like reviewing the entire e-course, and I know where I stand. But personnaly,I want to go higher and be able to go with my students. Thank for all the reminders through this. We do have a lot of things to think of, to share with other people. We are ready for our mission.

    We will keep in touch. Do you know that most of the posts ofour colleagues are worth reading to comfort us in our decision to help people keep up
    and improve their lives in community?

    Good luck

    Roland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dilip,
    I am interested to do a research work with you. As a neighbor of you,I think it is viable.
    I will be happy to see you in Bangladesh.
    I will inform you, if I visit India this year.

    Thank you,

    Mahamud

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Dilip,

    telling the difference between 'initiating' a new stage in your teaching skills and tech use and 'building' them is very wise. Things do not happen in a short period of time, they can only start happening.

    I would like you to appreciate all the work you have done with your students before coming here. This would not have been possible without all the time you had spent searching for better pedagogical solution. Neither are the ones we have devised recently perfect, nor was our earlier work pointless. On the contrary!

    This is not my farewell, as I still have my blog to write. Thank you for reminding me to do it earlier this week!

    I am glad we made this milestone together, along with all our coursemates. India seemed very close for 10 weeks too, so I am grateful for that experience as well.

    Take care,
    Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dilip,

    you nicely summarized those teaching "turning points" we experienced through the course. And I have to agree with you when you stated the directionlessness of the use of technology for educational purposes. We have been experiencing similar problems over here in Costa Rica with teachers who are reluctant to the use of Promethean Active Boards for teaching.

    Just in case, I added you to my contact list in yahoo. Mine ID is jacunasol

    Thanks for your insightful ideas,

    Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for providing such a useful blog with us. If you are looking for the best building emotional intelligence skills. You should contact Dr. Nazempoor, who help you to learn emotional intelligence skills.

    ReplyDelete